Angelz of the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angelz of the Darkside

World of Warcraft Guild

AOTDHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

51/13/7

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pinguin

Number of posts : 39
WoW Characters : Pinguin, Kinacko, Cubefreak
Gimp Points : 5406
Registration date : 2009-09-16

51/13/7 Empty
PostSubject: 51/13/7   51/13/7 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 11:20

Since I'm a rogue, and played assasination for a long time I'll give my opinion on this spec.
It may help someone else.

1. First thoughts
This spec may not look so impressive at first, but don't fool yourself there. You may not have the killing spree, blade flurry, or adrenaline rush on your toolbar, but who cares. You have mutilate, and hunger blood which are just as good.

2. Basic stuff
Assasination is all about poisons, mutilate, and speed.
You will need two daggers, a main hand with a speed of around 1.70, and a off hand with a speed of around 1.30. Most of the time you will use instant poison on your main hand weapon, and deadly poison on your off hand weapon.
DoTs as rupture, and garrote won't be needed on a higher level as there isn't a lot of difference in dps when using envenom as finisher.
The clue is to keep your SnD and HfB up at all times and use envenom as finisher.

3. Talent tree
3.1 51/13/7 Raiding mutilate
3.1.1 General:
Probably the most used talent tree for the assasination spec. I used it myself too and am excited to tell more about it.
First a link to the talent tree: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#f0ecoetoVboIuVo0xV0hZxb:TLi

3.1.2 Rotation
Here is the rotation:
TotT* - Mutilate - Mutilate - SnD - HfB** - Mutilate - Mutilate - Envenom - Mutilate - Mutilate*** - Envenom - and so on.

* Tricks of the trade is a great skill for the rogue, but only use it when you know it can
** HfB has a 1minute cooldown and should always be refreshed troughout the fight when needed
*** After you Envenom you sometimes have the luck of already adding a combo point to your target. Doing mutilate can add 2 and sometimes 3 points. So, if you have 1 point from Envenom and 3 more from mutilate don't do the second mutilate and just Envenom. You never want to waste 1 or even maybe 2 combo points on a target.

3.1.3 Glyphs:
For the glyphs:
- Glyph of Mutilate (Reduces energy cost of Mutilate by 5)
- Glyph of Vigor (Increases energy by 10, Only if have the vigor talent point)
- Glyph of Fan of Knives (Increases the damage done by Fan of Knives by 20%)

***Comments are always welcome***
***Under construction***

Next update: New link to talent tree,

Last edited by pinguin on August 26th 2010, 10:25; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zynx
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Zynx

Number of posts : 202
WoW Characters : Zynx, Lerith, Wirlwind
Gimp Points : 6845
Registration date : 2009-06-08

51/13/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 51/13/7   51/13/7 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 16:59

very nice the only thing is vigor doenst increase energy gain so its only a plain 10 extra energy at start.

u say they dont use garrote or ruptre so why waste points in blood spater rather put them in fleet fooded increases movement speed by 15%,

with bosses that require alot of movement its a very usefull talents to keep dps up since u move faster or survive.

especialy seeing icc having alot more of these.
Back to top Go down
pinguin

51/13/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 51/13/7   51/13/7 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 07:38

xibate wrote:
very nice the only thing is vigor doenst increase energy gain so its only a plain 10 extra energy at start.

u say they dont use garrote or ruptre so why waste points in blood spater rather put them in fleet fooded increases movement speed by 15%,

Thanks for the reply xibate,

1. I never say Vigor does increase energy gain. I say in the glyph paragraph: Increases energy by 10.

2. I guess you were reading too fast here. Under the link I say: I highly recommend too put 1 point on vigor and the other on close quarter combat instead of 2 on blood spatter. This is just a matter of playing style.

And never spend points on fleet footed, since a rogue has sprint for that, or in raids aspect of the cheetah when there is a hunter.
Back to top Go down
Zynx
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Zynx

51/13/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 51/13/7   51/13/7 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 07:43

during encounters hunters dont use aspect as u get dazed when taking dmg.
and u cant put 1 extra point from bloodspatter in close combat quarters as u would have 50 points in assassination ? :S

but if u got a fight like putricide orso there is alot of movement, and sprint has an cd

here it would be rly usefull either getting to boss faster or maybe kitting on of the adds
Back to top Go down
pinguin

51/13/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 51/13/7   51/13/7 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 08:08

That from the aspect was my fault there.
Fleet footed comes in handy at some bosses like proffesor putricide, yes. But other fights in ICC like 'Deathbringer Saurfang' are pretty much tank and spank when you look from a rogues perspective.

I used it when levelling, but hated it when constantly outrunning my friend with who I was levelling.
Back to top Go down
Zynx
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Zynx

51/13/7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 51/13/7   51/13/7 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 12:22

mounts ? Very Happy